Monday, August 13, 2012

Monday Made-It Classroom Jobs Clip Chart

   After having a great weekend out of town in northern Minnesota with no internet access, I feel like I am back to civilization now at home.  I am so excited to share with you my Chevron Classroom Jobs Clip Chart.  It includes a header, 16 job cards, and job descriptions for all of the jobs.  And, it's available in 9 different colors.  So, you could use all one color or mix and match them! Click on the picture to check it out.



    This year I've decided to go with a color scheme of green, brown, and light pink in my classroom. Since I  wasn't happy with my job chart from last year (where I used library pockets for my jobs and popsicle sticks with students' names on them), I decided that using chevron backgrounds in my new colors would be a good solution.  And, I've seen tons of cute clip charts on ribbon floating around blogs and on Pinterest that I used for inspiration.  This one, for example, is a behavior clip chart.



    So, I've created a large set of job cards in 9 different colors with chevron pattern backgrounds.  I used the green cards to create my own classroom clip chart (I'll add pics later of final product after I get into my classroom again today).



   If you want to make the clip-chart, you'll need the job cards you choose to use in your classroom, a corresponding header, ribbon, and clothespins.  All you have to do is print out the cards you want to use.  Feel free to mix and match colors for a really fun look!  Glue or tape them to a ribbon to create a clip chart.  Write your students' names on the clothespins and move them around to change job assignments.  So simple!

Clip chart header

Job card in green chevron

Don't see a job listed below that you need?
You can create your own on a blank card!



   Here's a list of all the jobs I included:
  • teacher's assistant
  • librarian
  • greeter
  • gardener
  • supply manager
  • electrician
  • line leader
  • line ender
  • door holder
  • DJ
  • messenger
  • snack helper
  • cheerleader
  • pencil sharpener
  • substitute helper
  • morning meeting leader

   You could also use a pocket chart to store the cards in or attach them to a bulletin board or white board.  If you go this route, you'll just need to also make cards with your students' names on them to assign jobs.  In the past I've just used index cards cut in half.

   I am so excited to have this version of a job chart in my classroom this year.  It will be so much easier to use!












1 comment:

  1. I love your school bus background on your blog! so cool! I am your newest follower--I would love to have you come and visit my blog and enter my latest giveaway! Happy Monday!

    www.ateacherwithoutaclass.com

    ReplyDelete