Monday, August 6, 2012

"Learning is Tweet" Monday Made-It

    At the end of almost all of our professional development sessions, we do some kind of individual exit slip to have a chance to reflect and share what we learned, what we're still wondering, etc.  I've been thinking for a while about how I could do something like this for my second graders to hold them accountable.  I've played around with the idea of having it be a part of our end of the day closing circle activities or doing it at the end of a subject (math, writer's workshop, etc.)  So, earlier this summer I saw this picture on Pinterest and really liked the idea of having some kind of visual where kids could leave a sticky note as an exit slip.


    I have also seen another cute one with the heading "Tracking our Thinking" with a paw cutout for each student, but I can't find the source or picture again.

   So, I decided to make a chart that could be used for all subjects where I could give kids different directions for what to write about on a sticky note.  That way, I'll be able to go back later when I have time to see where each student is at in his/her thinking.

   Here's my version of an exit slip chart entitled, "Learning is Tweet."  Get it? ;)

Exit slip chart

Close-up

    I will add numbers to it still so I can assign each student a number and they'll know where to put their sticky notes.  I know that the birds are not the exact size of the sticky notes like the picture from Pinterest, but I'm ok with that.  I made mine with 36 birds because that is how many second graders I will be teaching for math.  The rest of the day I will just have my 26 kids from my own class.

   To make the chart, I used the bird pattern I had left from the Faith, Hope, Love canvas I made (see that post here).  I traced the bird onto the back of 2 sheets of scrapbook paper that I chose.


   I don't have a Cameo Silhouette, so I cut them all out by hand. Then, I started at the bottom of the poster board and marked off every four inches until I had six rows (24 inches from bottom).  I made really light lines with a pencil horizontally across for each row so I could line up the bird fairly straight. Then, I glued them down with a glue stick.  

   Finally, I chose a fun font and printed out the letters.  Again, no Cameo :( so I cut them out by hand and glued them down.

   I think I will use stickers to add the numbers.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   For home, I made my hubby a sweet anniversary card for our 2nd anniversary tomorrow!! :)  I was also inspired by Pinterest for this...surprise, surprise.

Pinterest version...


My version...



Here's a few of my favorite wedding pics.




Happy Monday!  I'm linking up to Tara's Monday Made-It Linky over at Fourth Grade Frolics!








5 comments:

  1. What a stunning bride you are! I am heading up to 27 years marriage in a few weeks and have never thought to count the days - might 'borrow' this idea of yours if you don't mind. Will just have to dust the old calculator off to add up the days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you took the track your thinking and made it your own! Lovely card and beautiful picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your exit slip board! Looks great!

    Brandi
    Success in Second Grade
    Don’t forget to check out My Summer in Pictures Linky Party

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off I LOVE LOVE LOVE that last picture you posted from your wedding. HOW beautiful!!! Second what an amazing card to give to hubby! Love that idea :)

    Amanda
    Reaching for the TOP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your exit slip board! And that anniversary idea is just precious :D

    Anisa @ Creative Undertakings

    ReplyDelete