Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Spring Bunnies and Big Changes

   Hey, everyone!  Wow...so I've been MIA for a while but I have a good excuse. ;)  My life has been crazy hectic with flights and 18 hour round trips over the weekends because my husband and I are going to be relocating at the end of this school year.  This is a big move for us and a huge change, but I am completely in awe of how faithful God has been and continues to be.  He's provided both of us with jobs and a home.  So, as of July, I will officially be able to say...



   I have had tons of pics ready to share for a while but have just been overwhelmed with everything on my plate.  So, I'll get started sharing with some spring bunnies and poems.  We did the following art project from Deep Space Sparkle (awesome art blog) as a class celebration for filling buckets.  Do you know this book?  It's an awesome way to teach kids about kindness and making good choices.  Click on the picture to check it out.



     In the beginning of the year,  I read the book to the kids and we made a chart about how to be a bucket filler.  They each have their own "bucket" and we have a class bucket with my name on it as well.  


When the entire class is doing their job without reminders, I tell them that they filled my bucket and we add a cotton ball (pom pom actually).  When the class bucket is full, we come up with a few choices for how to celebrate and then take a vote.  Past celebrations have been: extra recess, movie and popcorn party, etc.  So, for the last celebration they voted to do an art project.  This is a special treat in our class because it really doesn't happen much.  

    I followed much of the tutorial from Deep Space Sparkle but tweaked it a little bit because of available supplies.  Here are a few of the bunnies and poems they wrote to go with them.










     I love that last one with the floppy ear!  Happy hump day everybody!







No comments:

Post a Comment